PopUp Names 1.2
Get it quick!!! Why “Tap, Tap, Tap” to find a name, phone number or address when you can get it with one stroke?
PopUp Names is a configurable PopUp application that enables you to pull up the Address Book with (for example) a stroke from the Applications icon to the screen area then when done tap on exit and you are right back at the application you were in! No more need to change from the application you are in by going to the Applications screen (or pushing the Address Book button) to do a quick look up of a Address Book entry!
- MRU (Most Recently Used) list so your frequently accessed contacts can be found lightning fast!
- “Lookup” function allows you to design your own templates (via the powerful built in Template Editor) which PopUp Names can use for pasting address details.
- “Paste Details” pastes an address book records details into the active field of the underlying application thus addressing Palm OS “Phone Lookup” functions limited functionality. For example it cannot paste e-mail address, or fax number! PopUp Names to the rescue!
- “Split Screen” mode which allows virtually instantaneous switching from a “preview pane” type view of a record, i.e. see details without having to exit PopUp Names, or listing of all records!
- Fully customizable tabs in the split screen view.
- Powerful and fully customizable “Find” feature – browse through the list of found records, just like you would do with the regular address book.
Definitely a must have enhancement!
PopUp Names is compatible with OS 2.0 and later. It will not work on older (Pilot 1000/5000 with OS 1.x) models.
New in the version 1.2
- Highly optimized stack memory usage. Because of that, if you want to start PopUp Names with the PopUp Suite, you must use the latest version, which is distributed with the PopUp Names.
- If PopUp Names is started over DateBook, or DateBk3, or DateBk4 and the alarm goes off, then PopUp Names setup screen is displayed instead of the alarm screen. In some occasions the Palm device badly crashed. In this version of PopUp Names this problem is solved – it shuts itself off before the alarm is displayed.
- A couple of problems with the Templates form fixed.
- Added FitalyStamp compatibility. To start PopUp Names, temporary disable FitalyStamp by tapping on the lower left corner of the FitalyStamp overlay, and use the configured pen stroke to start PopUp Names. PopUp Names will automatically re-enable FitalyStamp.
- If “Activate with Address Book button” setup checkbox is checked, then if you keep the Address Book button pressed for one second or longer, then your business card will be beamed. You’ll also be able to loop through categories with the Address Book button.
- Added an option to duplicate current record.
- If you don’t like PopUp Names colors, you can create your own color scheme.
- Categories in the address list can be displayed in different colors.
- Rearrange field order on the edit screen.
PopUp Favourites 1.4
PopUp Favorites is a system extension (hack) for simple switching between your favorite or recently accessed Palm OS applications, without going first to the application launcher.
PopUp Favorites is activated with a pen stroke defined in the setup. In addition, you can select or deselect your favorite applications, enable or disable small icons, clear the ‘Recent Apps’ list, or choose where you want PopUp Favorites list to be displayed – on the left or on the right side of the screen. You can also quickly add an application to your PopUp Favorites list by first launching the application and then activating the PopUp Favorites. Then just simply drag anywhere from the application window into the PopUp Favorites list, and you’ll be asked if you want to add this application to the list.
PopUp Favorites supports color devices, and has extended support for the Palm Portable Keyboard, which can be used for starting PopUp Favorites, navigating through the list of applications, and for starting an application.
If the list of favorite applications is longer, it’s easy find the application you need — just enter (with graffiti or any keyboard) the beginning letter and PopUp Favorites will start the application beginning with that letter.
PopUp Time 1.6
PopUp Time is a HackMaster extension which displays current time, OS version, battery voltage, free memory and Internet Time without leaving current application. There is a setup where you can choose the key stroke to activate it. (You’ll certainly not choose the same stroke as for the other PopUp applications).
Current date, time or any date chosen from the calendar can be inserted into the current active field of the underlying application.
It can be started automatically each time you turn on your Palm device. Backlight can also be started automatically, always, or in the night time.
Changes in version 1.6
DEACTIVATE AND DELETE ANY VERSION OF PopUpTime OLDER THAN 1.4 BEFORE INSTALLING THIS VERSION!!!
- Displays free flash memory if FlashPro is installed (Read instructions!).
- Added another way to dismiss PopUp Time – tap anywhere on the screen except on the PopUp Time buttons.
- Solved some OS 3.3 incompatibility problems.
Changes in version 1.5
- Both free memory and battery voltage (or percentage) can be displayed at the same time
- Battery percentage bar compatible with the Palm V devices.
- More activating pen stroke options