Application Usage 0.8.1
Application Usage runs in the background and keeps a tally on the number of times different applications are used, the total time those applications have been used; as well as a grand total time.
Results can be viewed in a raw format (i.e. as recorded); as usage bar graph, time bar graph; and as percentages of grand total.
Database can be sorted by application name, number of usage and time; in ascending or descending order.
However, data can be exported to a MemoPad memo in a tab delimited form. Report form is fully customizable. After HotSync; data can be very easily imported to Excel spreadsheet.
Records and the whole database can be deleted. To avoid accidental mistakes, those actions can be password protected.
Furthermore, this is a fully functional demo; which expires 15 days after the first usage.
Registered users will get Excel add-in; which loads AppUsage data directly to a worksheet. You can HotSync as many Palm devices with the same PC as you want; and AppUsage add-in can load AppUsage data from all of them into the same worksheet..
New in application version 0.8.1
- Fixed the problem; which occurred when usage tracking is enabled; and you start AppUsage with the default Palm OS 3.5 app launcher.
New in version 0.8
- Fixed all known Palm OS 3.1, 3.3 and 3.5 incompatibility problems.
New in version 0.7
- AppUsage 0.7 doesn’t require HackMaster. It is now a stand-alone application.
- A couple of minor bugs are fixed.
- Excel add-in is added in the registered version.
New in version 0.6
- Fixed some problems with a records for deleted app.
- Sometimes, you’ll want to have all installed apps included in the report. “Add Unused Applications” menu option is added to do that.
Launcher III application
Moreover, Launcher III; a modification of famous Eric Kenslow’s LaunchPad; is an app launcher where applications are organized in tabs. However, you can easily create new tabs or transfer an application to another tab; delete or beam an application ; all that by simply dragging its icon.
With Launcher III; you can view; open; delete or beam Palm VII PQA applications, DOC files and HackMaster hacks; or any other launchable databases; (if appropriate app is installed).
- Select ‘Cycle time’ and/or ‘Cycle volt’ ; to automatically cycle the time or voltage displays at the interval you select.
- ‘Always use LauncherIII’ ; Select this to have LauncherIII replace the default system application launcher.
- Select ‘Scroll one page at a time’ ; to scroll a full page when using the scrollers. By default, LauncherIII scrolls a line at a time.
- Select ‘Show launchable databases’ ; if you are using LauncherIII on a Palm VII device, or if you want to see (and launch) databases created with apps; which support launchable data.
- ‘Show HACKs’ ; Select this to be able to delete and beam HackMaster hacks.
- Select ‘Show DOC files’ ; to be able to delete and beam DOC files. If you have a reader; which supports launchable data; tapping on the DOC file will open that file in the reader.
- ‘Off’ ; turns off the device
- ‘Light’ ; toggles backlight
- ‘Tools’ (hammer) ; if you want to delete or beam an app; drag it to this icon. If you tap on the icon; you’ll get a list with the following options:
- ‘Memory/Launcher’ ; if your device is OS 2.x; or you installed the “Memory” application written only for newer devices; then “Memory” application is started. Otherwise default OS 3.x application launcher is started.
- ‘Preferences’ ; system Preferences application is started.
- ‘Beam Launcher III’ ; Beam Launcher III to another IR enabled Palm device. This option is not available for OS 2.x users.
- ‘Lock’ ; locks and turns off the device. IMPORTANT ; BE SURE THAT YOU REMEMBER THE PASSWORD BEFORE USING THIS GADGET!
Usage tips on the application
- Launch an app, simply tap the application’s icon.
However, if you tap on the hack, HackMaster will be started.
If you tap on the database; which has associated application; that app will be started and the database will be opened.
- Move an application to another tab; drag the application’s icon and drop it on the desired tab.
- Delete or beam an application, drag the application’s icon to the ‘Tools’ (hammer) icon.
- View a different tab, tap the desired tab.
- Switch between viewing the current date, time; and day of week; tap on the time display in the lower left-hand corner.
- Switch between showing your battery power as a voltage; or percentage bar; or free memory as a number or percentage bar, tap on the voltage display in the lower center.
- Use the ‘Tab’ menu to create, rename, and delete tabs.
- Use the ‘Options’ menu to set your preferences and to access other LauncherIII features.
- And use the ‘Apps’ menu to launch commonly used built-in Palm apps.
- Again, use the ‘Help’ menu at any time to view the tips.
Click here to go back to the homepage; which has many other posts you will be interested in.